Sunday, November 20, 2011

Are you ready?

I decided to start this blog so I would have a place to share my thoughts. I was just recently blogging on a website where you could "write about your experience with pregnancy or to simply offer words of encouragement and support to other moms."  They wanted it to be a place "for women to connect with other women in a supportive and positive way." Only problem is I didn't find it encouraging, supportive or positive. The majority of the posts were not evidence based and I found myself getting frustrated reading them. I guess the straw that broke the camels back was that all the comments and blog posts were reviewed and had to be approved by the site administrator. I don't like to be censored.

I want more than pleasant conversation and tip-toeing around hot topics. I want to dive into those topics, I want to talk about the research, about society's expectations, I want to say what I think needs to be said. I suppose I should say upfront that I don't mean to offend or upset anyone, but I may end up doing so. I have been offended and upset for too long.

Are you ready?



No comments:

Post a Comment