Thursday, December 1, 2011

Midwives Rock!

I love having midwives as my care givers. I have some friends and acquaintances that think it is weird or old fashion. I disagree. They ask, "what if something happens?" I say, "that is why my midwife is there." I'm not planning on giving birth in a forest, by myself. I just don't see the point of going to a doctor... There is nothing wrong with me, there is nothing wrong with my baby. Don't doctors take care of sick people? I like to think that having a baby isn't some crazy ticking time bomb that I need to have a doctor there "just in case". Don't get me wrong, if there is something wrong with you or your baby, by all means go to a doctor.

Women have been having babies for thousands of years, it seems that the whole system works just fine if you just trust that your body knows how to make and birth a baby. I think going to a doctor is just asking for an iatrogenic complication. I plan on laboring and getting my baby out the way God intended. To me it seems like docs just know too many ways to get around that. So, to sum it all up, I think that...

midwives rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment